Here’s a new easy way to raise money for your favorite cause! Just start using Yahoo! powered GoodSearch.com as your search engine and they’ll donate about a penny to your favorite cause every time you do a search!
In addition, do all of your shopping through their online shopping mall, GoodShop.com, where you can shop at more than 900 top online retailers - including Amazon, Target, Gap, Best Buy, eBay, Macy’s and Barnes & Noble - and a percentage of your purchases will go to the charity or school of your choice. You pay the same price as you normally would, but a donation goes to your cause!
Here’s the web site — http://www.goodsearch.com. You can also read about GoodSearch in the NY Times, Oprah Magazine, CNN, ABC News and the Wall Street Journal.
Best is to use the GoodSearch Toolbar – when you add it to your browser, you’ll be notified automatically if a store contributes through GoodSearch – how much the the site donates and if any coupons are available. Download the GoodSearch – and your cause will earn money every time you shop and search online – even if you forget to go to GoodShop or GoodSearch first!
If you’re not big on adding toolbars, you can make GoodSearch your Homepage. This way every time you start your web browser GoodSearch will automatically load and be the first site you see. Plus, no matter where you are on the web, you can always click your browser’s home button and return to GoodSearch instantly.
Microsoft Internet Explorer users:
- Select Tools | Internet Options.
- Select the General tab.
- In the Address textbox, type http://www.goodsearch.com.
- Click OK.
Netscape Navigator users:
- Select Edit |Preferences.
- Select the Navigator category on the left side.
- In the Location textbox, type http://www.goodsearch.com.
- Click OK.
- Open the Firefox options panel.
(Windows) At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu, and select Options….
(Mac) On the menu bar, click on the Firefox menu, and select Preferences….
(Linux) At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Edit menu, and select Preferences….
- If it isn’t already selected, click the Main icon. The Main options panel is displayed.
- In the Startup box, highlight the text in the Home Page
- Replace the text with the GoodSearch URL – http://www.GoodSearch.com/
- Click OK
- Open a Safari browser window.
- In the toolbar at the top of the window, click Safari > Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, click the General tab.
- In the “Home page” field, type http://www.goodSearch.com
- Click the red Close button.
Google Chrome users:
- Go to the upper right hand corner of the screen and click on the Tools Icon.
- Select Options.
- Under the basics tab and under the Home Page section, choose “Open this page”
- Add http://www.GoodSearch.com to the URL box and click close.
That’s it! Now GoodSearch will be your browser’s homepage.